Control Equipment?

Everything about Clusterball
Antworten
Jagwire

Control Equipment?

Beitrag von Jagwire »

Hi Everybody,

As you know I am new here and I'm trying to "learn the ropes" and I am wondering what most people use to fly their jets. Do you use a mouse or joystick?

I used to use a joystick when I had a different computer but my new computer doesn't have a joystick port and I can't use it. I am using a mouse now and I find it very hard to fly with compared to a joystick.

I am not working right now and I can't afford to buy a joystick yet so I will have to do the best I can with a mouse for now :cry:

For those who flly with a joystick, what do you recommend for a joystick? Is the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro a good one? If so, can you use the "twist" function of the joystick to steer your jet? My last joystick was a Logitech Intercepter and I liked it a lot.

In any case, come out and fly with me...I'm easy to beat. Just ask Sc4rlite! :wink:

Thanks and I look forward to your answers!

Cheers,

John
submaniac

Re: Control Equipment?

Beitrag von submaniac »

Hi John,

it's me again, Klaus! :wink: I fly by mouse (& keyboard), but as i know, the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro is a common JS here and it's used by most of the players. So i think you did well with this choice.
But isn't it possible to use an adapter for your PC with an USB-Port? So you wouldn't be obliged to buy a new one.
The main thing is: You need a perfect Setup! Forget these pre-installed Setups, these are just for giving you a try. I would give you mine, but this makes no sense because the Setup for mouse is totally different to JS-Setup.
I have a player in mind who played by JS..., he is in the top10! I'll give him a call/mail, so you will get a basis for your individual Setup in the next few days!

cu

Klaus
"Restart your system, let the engines take control, of the body, of the soul. Restart!"

Bild
Bild
Maeks

Beitrag von Maeks »

Hey!
I use a Logitech Attack 3, it´s cheaper than the extreme 3d and it hasn´t got a twist handle. I did not like the twist handle because my steering was becoming less exact (ohhh - bad english)! I hope, we´ll meet soon in game!!!

Markus
oldMan

Beitrag von oldMan »

Hi John,

I use a gamepad. But it should modify the settings in the setup menu.
8)
Jagwire

Beitrag von Jagwire »

Hi Klaus,

I looked for a USB converter for my joystick but I couldn't find one around here. :(

I have been having some fun with Captn.Nowi and Sc4rlite in the air! It would be fun to have you in the air too! See you when you get a chance to play... 8)

Hey Maeks,

Your english is great...better than my German! Yeah, when I get working again I will try to find a Logitech joystick. Everybody is kicking my butt in the air...you should come along soon and get some kicks in too! :lol:

Hi oldMan,

So you play with a gamepad...wow! That's a different way to fly. Whatever works right? I saw you flying a bunch of games by yourself Saturday, Feb 2. I'm sorry but I don't play during the day on Saturday or else I would have joined you. I hate to see people fly alone...it's no fun. I can fly on Saturday night after sunset. I also don't fly on Friday nights after sunset. I'll look for you and see you in the arena soon! :)

Thanks for the replys everybody... :wink:

John
Antworten