New Players and Guests On The Forum???

Everything about Clusterball
Jagwire

New Players and Guests On The Forum???

Beitrag von Jagwire »

To Admin,

I see a fair number of new players signing up these days and the most "Guests" looking at the Forum that I have ever seen, but no players online???

It seems to me that this game is still alive but there is no participation. I know, I know, it's the same old story but there seems to be some "action" from interested parties but no "reaction" from the powers that be or the people behind the game.

I know I had to wait to get my password to be able to sign into the game when I first started, are new players having the same issue?

I also know that there doesn't seem to be a dedicated game server anymore and that makes it hard to find a host to play on and that is an issue too.

I don't have "enough" of a computer to play WOT or WOWP and this game is only challenging when playing with other online players. I know it's not an MMO type of deal but it's still a really fun game...it would be nice to see it up and running again. :?

Am I getting ahead of myself? I know there are new things coming and maybe I should just shut my mouth and wait, huh?

Cheerio,

John
deceptiveone

Re: New Players and Guests On The Forum???

Beitrag von deceptiveone »

if anyone is still playing online, i am available to play sometime. i am EST time zone usa.

just send PM to let me know what time of day you are available.
deceptiveone

there are rooms hosted now but mainly on USA EST timeframe.
deceptiveone

at least one hosted room is up and running now for usa timezones mainly. the room(s) will be offline during usa sleeping hours.

just try to enter the rooms to see if they are working for you.

if you play in a dedicated host room, let me know if it is CB 2014! and how the ping was for you. thanks

6-2-14
deceptiveone

6-3-14

dedicated hosts still up and running with good pings. :)
deceptiveone

if you are a new player and can't get clusterball to run due to graphics issues, you can try d/l this program http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide

if you need to show someone what errors you are getting, you can take screen shots or even use your phone to take video if the quality is good enough for someone to see.

hope it helps. i see a lot of guests on the forum and wonder if they need assistance.
deceptiveone

does anyone know how to make dedicated host so that people that join the room can change the maps?

thanks.
deceptiveone

anyone know how to make dedicated host FULL CONTROL so players can change maps?
Hanniball
Site Admin

Beitrag von Hanniball »

Hi deceptiveone,

thx for your effort into Clusterball playing ;) ATM I'm working on the new and shiny Clusterball website, which will come live in the very near future. Just implementing the functions into the design.

So hopefully we will get some more players participating in the one or more game.

Keep on rockin',

Hanniball
Ich habe das Herz eines kleinen Jungen
in einem Glas Alkohol auf meinem Schreibtisch.

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
deceptiveone

ty hannibal :)

that nglide program allowed me to play for a while till i got all cb venue to work on another win xp computer :D

ty for all your hard work and things are looking good around here and the cb.de site
Hologram

Beitrag von Hologram »

Ok, got the game working , but cant see no host as yet . I will be online daily from now checking for games. Hope to see others !
See you in the skies !

Hologram
deceptiveone

what timezone are you in holo? i'm in USA EST UTC -5:00
Hologram

Beitrag von Hologram »

Hello Deceptiveone,

Im in the UK so I guess its GMT . its currently 22.00 pm here.
I work shifts so I can be online anytime from 09.00 - 23.00 (and when the wife lets me! )
Havent quite got used to the new "Command Centre " yet , tried to host but it said my password was wrong but have been flying in Training mode.
Have there been games played recently? Many people online?
deceptiveone

most likely if you are going to host, if you are behind a router, you will need to "port forward"

if we meet up on the battlefield, i'll explain that then. :)

as far as i know, since the new site is up, there isn't any way to know if anyone has been playing or not, unless they come to the forum and say so. can't wait for the new site to be functional like the previous one.

it looks like the UK is 4 hours ahead of my time zone. so 9pm your time should be 5pm my time. i'll try to get a dedicated host up and running again.
deceptiveone

ok.

got 2 dedicated hosts running much quicker than anticipated.

you don't have to start clusterball to see if there are any hosts. just open the command center and click "hostlist"

it is to the far left of - settings - register - help

just in case you didn't know :)

i never could get the program to work that allows players to change the maps/settings. it may work on my xp machine but there aren't enough players for me to do all the extra stuff i would if they were playing regularly.

also, i never figured out how to do 2 different map cycles. i can't play all the maps on this win7 machine, so i have the maps i can't play, removed from the list so it doesn't freeze me or my host.

some people have problems with not seeing rooms. mostly this is an odd bug from not matching up the resolution from the command center and the clusterball settings. i get the feeling a lot of players have been having trouble playing/seeing rooms and it is because of that issue and incompatible O/S etc.
Antworten