Trying to find somebody to play with...

Everything about Clusterball
Antworten
Jagwire

Trying to find somebody to play with...

Beitrag von Jagwire »

Hi,

New here...

I played this game a little over 10 years ago with a dial-up modem and now I'm back. I'm not much better equiped though. I used to play with a Logitech Intercepter joystick and now my new computer won't accept the old connection so I have to use the keyboard and mouse.

I'm not that great at it but I do have fun and I'm easy to beat!

I'm having a hard time trying to find somebody to fly with. I'm from the East coast of Canada and my time zone is 5 hours earlier than that of Germany where most of the people seem to be from.

Are there any other Canadians or North Americans here ?

I'm looking forward to my first online game...

Cheers,

John
Maeks

Re: Trying to find somebody to play with...

Beitrag von Maeks »

Hey!
I also didn´t play for a long time but reinstalled the game a few days ago. Didn´t you see me on the hosts yesterday evening (german time)? I tried to attract you to play some games with me. We were both in game the same time for at least half an hour!
Perhaps it will work next time :-D !

Greetings,

Maeks (pronounced like "Max")
Jagwire

Beitrag von Jagwire »

Hi Maeks,

Yeah, I did see you on the XDGN site but I didn't see you in the games arena??? I wonder what happened that we didn't hook up? I hosted games, opened chat and played for a while hoping to catch you but it didn't work.

How do I get a message to you when I see you online?

Sorry, I missed you!

Cheers,

John
Sc4rlite

Beitrag von Sc4rlite »

Hi Jagwire,

If you see someone on the homepage means that the one was online in the last 15 minutes or so. When you have bad luck you missed the player. However it seems that wasn't the problem this time.
The ingame chatarea isn't working I guess so you can only chat with players on the same host.
Also you shouldn't try to host an own game. To host you have to open several ports and so on, otherwise no one can join.
When you start a game no one can join the game but wait in a queue. You won't see them until the game ends. Afterwards all queued players will join the host.

There is no way to get a message if someone is online, I'm afraid.
So the best thing is to wait on the TS server or on one of the XDGN Dauerdedis (Pronounce 'dower daddys' :D :D ). We usually play on "Full Controll".

I guess the best time to find a game is from 8pm to 12pm, maybe 2am. For you that should be 3pm-7/9pm.

Greetings,
Melli
Jagwire

Beitrag von Jagwire »

Hi Sc4rlite,

Nice to hear from you.

I remember from when I played a long time ago that you have to wait for players and that you can only join once a game is finished and ready to start again. I have been playing a few 1 player games just to let everybody know that things are now working on my end. I look forward to being able to play with live players!

Yes, I noticed that the "Chat" doesn't work on the XDGN site. Thanks for mentioning that to me though.

I didn't know that it isn't a good idea to host a game. I won't try to do that. I'll just play on the provided servers. I'll hang out on the "Full Control" server in the future to hook up with some players. Thanks for that hint too.

I also noted the times that most people play and I will look for people at those times.

You have been very helpful and I look forward to being a target for you in the air...

Cheers,

John
Antworten